What Makes Pirates Of The Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides Better Than POTC 1, 2 & 3



Saw POTC 4 earlier today. And it was amazing! I will not be giving any spoilers here, don't worry. I just want to give you more reasons to see it.
How is POTC4 better than the earlier franchise?


1. It has Johnny Depp in it. We all know that Johnny Depp = brilliant performance, right? Everyone in this movie could suck but as long as Johnny Depp and his character, Captain Jack Sparrow, is still in the film, we still love it! This guy made us survive POTC 1, 2 and 3.


2. Will & Elizabeth are no longer in this story. Hurray! Enough said.


3. Blackbeard is a menace! Ian McShane made Blackbeard so evil but still very much likeable. A lot of reviews I've read didn't seem to like how Ian McShane portrayed Blackbeard. But for me, who's not much of a critic but a regular movie goer, the contrast did well to keep me engaged in the story. Besides, this is a Disney movie. 


4. We all miss Barbossa. Captain Jack Sparrow's life wouldn't be half as fun if there's no Barbossa in it. Just tolerate Barbossa's heavily powdered (and flaky) face in the first part of the movie. it pays in the end. ;)


5. Mermaids rocked in this movie. I've never seen mermaids portrayed the way POTC4 did in this movie. It definitely changed my entire perspective of mermaids. 


Yes, I'm totally overlooking the fact that Penelope Cruz is a significant new addition to the POTC franchise. I don't like her. After seeing this film, I still don't like her. 


But that shouldn't stop you from watching POTC4. Go see it. NOW!